June 30, 2004
"Island of thousand candles"
Blackout. 1/3 of Singapore. Darkest night in Singapore in 12 years.
Stepped out of shower. Scooping myself a bowl of green bean soup. *zap*
Hey. Cool. Noticed the blocks around mine also gonez. Cool, cool.
My ma took out the torchlight and started lighting candles. I took out my bagful of tealights and started lighting them and placing them strategically around the house. My sis, Jasmine, went to place a few along the corridor.
Darkness, to that kind of extent, is beautiful too. I was immediately mesmerized by how the world seemed to be only lit by the moon, before we put up all the tealights.
I was still admiring such a rare moment and then, the lights came back. Well, just as well. I was beginning to feel warm from all the candles.
For 25 minutes, darkness has invaded light. Unexpectedly beautiful.
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 22:14